1. Using chain nose pliers, make a right-angle bend in the wire about 2 mm above the bead or other component, or at least 1 1/4 in. (3.2 cm) from the end of a piece of wire.
2. Position the jaws of the round nose pliers in the bend. The closer to the tip of the pliers that you work, the smaller the loop will be.
3. Curve the short end of the wire over the top jaw of the round nose pliers.
4. Reposition the pliers so the lower jaw fits snugly in the loop. Curve the wire downward around the bottom jaw of the pliers. This is the first half of a wrapped loop.
5. To complete the wrap, grasp the top of the with one pair of pliers.
6. With another pair of pliers, wrap the wire around the stem two or three times. Trim the excess wire, and gently press the cut end close to the wraps with the chain nose pliers.